Author Topic: Honeywell EBI and Modbus device  (Read 5052 times)

miuritan

Honeywell EBI and Modbus device
« on: March 28, 2007, 04:44:31 AM »
Hello all,
I have a lot of DPA (digital power analyzer) connected together with RS-485 link and a Honeywell EBI software that will collect operation data from them (through Modbus driver on it).
Following the EBI operation manual, I used its modtst utility to test this communication and I got the result: Comm fail. I tried many ways and the result are same.
But if I used some other Modbus server, like ModbusTestPro, Intellution MB1,... it worked. Since that, I think the cabling connecting is correct.
On EBI, configuration for Modbus device is simple, such as baudrate, parity, COM port no,... no other special setting.
Has any one did it before? Please help me.

Thanks alot.

asokulski

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »
Hello,
Maybe the Honeywell is required the hardware handshaking (RTS/CTS) and the converter from RS232/485 doesn\'t support it.
Regards
Andrzej

miuritan

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 11:47:21 AM »
Hello,
At this moment, the communication link between EBI and DPAs is OK, means EBI can found the Modbus addr of each DPAs.
But I also have another mistake :-(  with analog point configuration. Here is my detail configuration for one point - frequency (Hz) on DPA1(ID = 2), addr = 788(dec):

On Quick Builder
Channels: Mbus1, Port:COM1, 9600,8,1,N
Controllers: DPA1_AI, ChannelName: Mbus1, PLC stationID: 2, DataTable: InputRegister

On Station:
Freq_PV = -1 (means: No value, isn\'t it?)

I did many data format (C16, S32B,...) and many kind of start addr and the result is same, always \'-1\'.

Please help me.
Thanks alot.